Lindsay Lohan Says She "Feels Very Bad For Harvey Weinstein Right Now"

The actress comes to the film mogul's defence following sexual harassment claims

Most Popular

Lindsay Lohan has said that she "feels very bad for Harvey Weinstein right now" following the sexual harassment allegations made against him.

The actress showed her support and empathy for the 65-year-old film mogul in a since-deleted Instagram story posted in the early hours of Wednesday morning from her current location of Dubai.

Advertisement - Continue Reading Below

"Hi, this is Lindsay Lohan, I'm in Dubai. I'm home," the star told her followers. "I feel very bad for Harvey Weinstein right now. I don't think it's right what's going on."

Lohan - who starred in Bobby and Scary Movie 5, which were both distributed by The Weinstein Company - also commented on Weinstein's designer wife Georgina Chapman.

"I think Georgina should take a stand for her husband," she continued. "And he's never harmed me or done anything wrong to me. We've done several movies together, and so I think everyone needs to stop."

Most Popular

The Marchesa designer married Weinstein in 2007; they have two children together.

Harvey Weinstein and wife Georgina Chapman at the 2017 Oscars

The Mean Girls star also added an angel emoji next to Weinstein's name in the post. A social media user screen-grabbed Lohan's Instagram story and shared it on Twitter before she deleted it a few hours later.

Meanwhile, Chapman has announced her split from Weinstein, telling People in a statement: "My heart breaks for all the women who have suffered tremendous pain because of these unforgivable actions.

"I have chosen to leave my husband. Caring for my young children is my first priority and I ask the media for privacy at this time."

Weinstein released a statement to apologise for his past behaviour following the allegations published in The New York Times last week ,and added that he was taking a leave of absence and seeking help from therapists.

But he has disputed the New York Times report that claimed he harassed female employees over nearly three decades. He has also previously denied many of the claims and has not been charged with any crimes.

The newspaper has alleged that he has reached at least eight settlements with women.

The producer has since been fired from his position at the Weinstein Company following the allegations.

Meanwhile, Angelina Jolie and Gwyneth Paltrow have shared their stories of being sexually harassed by Weinstein in a new report by the New York Times (October 10).

He gave another statement in response to the New Yorker article through a spokesperson yesterday: "Any allegations of non-consensual sex are unequivocally denied by Mr. Weinstein.

"Mr. Weinstein has further confirmed that there were never any acts of retaliation against any women for refusing his advances.

"Mr. Weinstein obviously can't speak to anonymous allegations, but with respect to any women who have made allegations on the record, Mr. Weinstein believes that all of these relationships were consensual.

"Mr. Weinstein has begun counselling, has listened to the community and is pursuing a better path. Mr. Weinstein is hoping that, if he makes enough progress, he will be given a second chance."

From: Harper's BAZAAR UK