There is no greater concentration of beautiful people in one place than during London Fashion Week. You'd have to be an absolute flipping stooge to pass up such a golden opportunity for Tinder-based flirtation. You'd certainly lose our respect.
But the question is: how? As we all know, models are a terrifying alien species. It's their actual job to look as unattainable and bored as possible. Your go-to 'waving bear GIF' will fall flat on its stupid arse when it comes to chatting up the catwalk-strutting sirens of LFW.
That's why we've enlisted the help of Victoria Cray, Simone Murphy and Bianca Thomas, three contestants in the upcoming series of Britain's Next Top Models, to offer some tactical advice.
SIMONE MURPHY, 22
- "The most important box to check is making sure your main photo is you alone, I don't even bother looking at profiles anymore in which the owner isn't immediately obvious because as soon as someone starts taking a fancy to your fit mate Steve it's game over! LEFT!"
- "A well-lit, clear picture of someone smiling always piques my interest."
- "That being said, you do want to let people know you have a social life. I'd say one picture of you with friends is the minimum and maximum required."
- "Keep in mind these friends should be non-threatening to any potential matches. They might not give you the chance to explain that's just you and your sister last Christmas. It's all based on superficial first impressions and nobody likes to feel that they are competing!"
- "I think it's important to inject a bit of humour to your bio as well because it tells people you aren't a sociopath and are fun to be around."
- "I include my social media tags so people can find out more about me if they want to. Hit me up on Instagram if you're single!"
BIANCA THOMAS, 21
- "I would always be looking for guys with piercing blue eyes. I have such an obsession with them."
- "Be over 6ft. Being a tall girl at 5ft 10, I look for a guy with height; because I'm tall that doesn't mean I'm not going to rock a pair of heels on a night out and I don't want to be looking like a bouncer next to the guy I'm dating."
- "I met my current boyfriend through Tinder. His profile had me in stitches, as his job was 'A professional dolphin shaver.'"
None of this is remotely helpful, Bianca! But thank you for your time!
VICTORIA CLAY, 23
- "After a few first dates, my Tinder mindset is now a lot like when I shop for groceries. That's not the most romantic simile in the world, but I do swipe depending on my mood. Just like how I shop for my food. It might not be that I don't find a certain guy attractive; it just depends on the day."
- "I go on Tinder to meet people I might not necessarily come across in my day to day life. And it's easier to start off any relationship, as we're both there to meet new people. Plus so many people are using Tinder that my chances have to be good, right?"
- "When a guy initiates a conversation, I hope he is more creative than the old "Hi gorgeous, how are you?" line. Like, be out there and ask me what Harry Potter house I would want to get sorted into, anything so that we don't immediately flatline. I really don't mind how random the question is, I want to keep it fun!"
- "In a profile I look and pray for: no mirror selfies and no gym photos (or max one if they feel it really necessary). Otherwise how will I know if you will ever love me as much as you love yourself?"
- "It's such a waste to have your 6 photos as selfies, show me your life; I want to see your pet and your friends."
- "For me, it's most annoying when a hot guy doesn't write anything in his bio. What? Do you want me to turn private detective and stalk your socials? No. It forces me to assume he has no personality."
- Gently smile (with the eyes too). Crazy eyes is not a good look. A photo with a dog, or any pet for that matter, works. I like travel and exotic photos, too
- "Do something fun/ny in your photos. Good example of fun: Fancy dress outfits! Bad example: licking a shoe (this is one I've actually witnessed. Not hilarious or hygienic)."
- "Put effort into the conversation, do this and I will always do the same!"