Family portraits have never been comfortable affairs - the rictus grins, those faux-marble studio backdrops, the huddling together like refugee carol singers... But if you think your ensemble snaps were traumatic experiences, have a look at some of the scare stories submitted to Awkward Family Photos. We've selected five of the very best/worst.
1. Classic portrait studio props: aviators, parakeet, Kalashnikov.
2. Can you feel the love? That donkey certainly can.
3. An example of costume as family unifier (and potential source of accidental, Lycra-based human inferno).
4. A little light reading before bed?
5. Pets don't just sense evil - they also comprehend shame.