Oh the wonders of Viagra, bringing joy in unexpected bundles to pensioners across the country. But with news just in that yet another OAP has got in the family way, we've decided to take a look at just what nana and pops are really up to in the bedroom.
1. Gerry Berks – aged 74: Officially the county’s oldest dad, this old-timer should be applying for his free television licence. Instead, he’s rearing a newborn son. The former HGV driver, who turns 75 today, says that his favourite food is banana, presumably a meal that he won’t be alone in enjoying in the Berks household.
2. Richard Roden – aged 71: Having just been stripped of his prestigious “Britain’s oldest father” title, Richard is instead trying to conceive an army of little Rodens – he already has ten children from two previous marriages. And if that wasn’t enough, this mature dad celebrated the birth of twin girls last year with his 25-year-old wife Lisa.
3. Elizabeth Adeney – aged 67: Having stolen the crown of Britain’s oldest mother from Patricia (below) last year, the Suffolk-based pensioner will be 79 by the time her child reaches its teens. Since giving birth, Elizabeth has insisted that her age is not a problem, adding that some days she feels 39-years-old.
4. Patricia Rashbrook – aged 65: Just 62 years old when she had her son Jude (making her a youngster in comparison to some), the child psychiatrist struck gold after years of failed IVF treatment. She gave birth to her bouncing baby boy in July 2006 and insisted that she couldn’t be older...sorry…happier.
5. Van Morrison - aged 64: Finishing up our list is the rock-star who became a dad once again last December. The Irish-born singer might not technically be one of the oldest fathers in the country but he is understood to be on the "bright side of the road" about his "brown-eyed" son, who he‘s nicknamed Little Van. James Haigh