Esquire’s Twitter followers are a caring, sharing bunch. On Monday, still suffering from the weekend and the effects of Arctic snap, we asked them for their best cold and flu remedies. Here’s what they came up with…
1. "Gargle salt water for the throat and take a shot of Tabasco for the sinuses. Then mix warm water with honey, lemon and ginger."
2. "Gargle with Solpadeine Dissolvable."
3. "Take a spoon of Manuca Honey to soothe the throat and then make a pot of boiling water and add fresh ginger, sliced lemon and honey to sip through all day."
4. "Nin Jiom Pei Ka Koa – a cough Syrup that’s been popular in China for centuries. If you’re near London’s Chinatown, you can get it from Loon Fung near Soho."
5. "Try taking olive leaf complex and 500mg of Ester (a stronger type of vitamin C), available from good health food shops."
6. "Remember to eat lots of garlic, chilli and ginger. Tom yam soup is also great."
7. "Hot lemon, honey, ginger, garlic & chilli. Always works for me!"
8. "Sauna or Steam Room - preferrably both."
9. "Head over a bowl of steam with a tea-towel over your head."
10. "Jakemans sweets, any flavour."
You can follow Esquire on Twitter @esquireuk