How to make your own version of Tom Hardy’s creepy breathing apparatus.
Wow, that Bane out of The Dark Knight Rises looks cool, doesn’t he.
You know, in an asthmatic sex-pest kind of way. Want to look like him this Halloween/Comic-Con/weekend?
Then make your own Bane mask like Alex Charak, a resourceful young American guy we found on the internet, did. Watch his video (below) or follow the step-by-step instructions he outlines for Esquire, right.
1. First thing you need to do is buy a cup. No, not a paper drinking cup. I mean a cup, as in a plastic helmet for your nuts. This is the main part of the mask.
2 . Next, buy a fetish mask with a hole by the mouth. Superglue or hot glue the cup upside down onto the fetish mask. This is your main mask base.
3. Now go to your local hardware store and buy thin plastic tubing. Also, grab some nuts and nipples of various sizes (yes, apparently they are called that).
4. Cut the tubing into various small sizes, slip on some nuts and nipples, and glue them securely to the tubing.
5. Then glue both ends of the tubing to the mask. If you do this a few times, it will look like your mask has a real-looking ventilation system. I added two long plastic tubes that I glued at the top of the cup and ran up the mask, over my head.
6. When everything is dry, you’re ready to paint. The cup gets a navy-silver metallic colour (as do the two overhead tubes). Add black lines on the tubes to give the illusion of 3D ridges. The mask tubes look cool in a dark, metallic silver.
7. Since the mask will be front-heavy, add strong Velcro to the back straps of the fetish headset to secure it to your head. Also, you’ll probably want to add padding to the inside of the mask where it sits on your nose because it will be heavy.
8. Finish the costume with a green-coloured army vest, black cargo pants, a right glove, and a leather jacket. Shave your head or find a bald friend and you got yourself a sick Bane costume. Visit youtube.com/drcoolsex to see mine in action.