The actor asserted some political influence earlier this week when he gifted Ivanka Trump a copy of his climate change film, Before The Flood. But following the news of Trump appointing a climate change denier as head of the Environment Protection Agency (facepalm), The Independent reports that the actor met with the giant baby man to discuss how working to save the environment can both boost the economy and create jobs.
Terry Tamminen, CEO of the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation, confirmed the two had a 90-minute meeting at Trump Tower in New York. In a statement to the Associated Press, Tamminen said he and DiCaprio had given a presentation to Mr Trump, Ivanka, and other members of Trump's team on how concentrating on renewable, clean energy could generate millions of jobs.
"Today, we presented the President-elect and his advisors with a framework - which LDF developed in consultation with leading voices in the fields of economics and environmentalism - that details how to unleash a major economic revival across the United States that is centered on investments in sustainable infrastructure," Tamminen said.
As an Academy Award Winner, Leo is no stranger to faking it, but meeting the man who has called climate change "a hoax invented by the Chinese" and promised to dismantle the Paris agreement would test even the best method actors.
Just a few of the burning questions Leo might have wanted to ask him:
- How could the Chinese have implemented this grand act of world-shaking banter without literally microwaving the globe?
- Why do you cello tape your tie together?
- If global warming isn't real why is your air conditioning on full blast on the 7th of December?
- How are you going to Make America Great Again when everyone runs out of drinking water?
- How on Earth are you the man that is going to be President?
Considering his constant backtracking on positions, who knows? Big Don might end up being the man who saves the planet. If we know one thing about Donald Trump, it is that we know nothing