You might have taken enough notes from rom-coms to think you're charm personified, but in real life it can be difficult to judge what is chivalrous and what is nauseating (or much worse: scary).
Take a read of this Reddit feed where women shared 'the creepy things men do that we don't know are coming off as 'murder vibey''
You can see the intentions are good in some cases, but bombarding unreturned text messages? Physically picking women up without warning? Here's a selection to learn from, or stop doing. You might want a pen.
1. 'Showing up at my place of work and staring at me, trying to make small talk while I'm trying to work and asking about me when I'm not there trying to figure out my schedule.'
2. 'Insisting that you walk us to our car/house/job/ect. If we say no the first time, don't keep trying to "be nice". We are now concerned that you have ulterior motives for insisting and we are likely more afraid of you than the random people across the street.'
3. 'A stranger I just met offering to walk me home because it's not safe to walk home alone.
4. 'There's no nice way to say, "But, you could be a rapist. Plus, now I know you know I'm walking home alone and you could follow me".'
5. '"Surprise" visits when you tell them you can't meet with them.'
6. 'No does not mean convince me or maybe, it means no.'
7. 'Calling me after a rapid fire of excessive texts that I don't answer.'
8. 'I don't know if this qualifies as nice but twice I've been at work with my phone away and when I've comeback to it have a slew of texts asking where I am/what am I doing?/am I okay? followed by a phone call.'
9. 'Physically picking me up without notice.'
10. 'Getting honked at/stopping your car to talk to me while I'm out running.'
11. 'Also telling me I'm "too pretty to have a boyfriend" when I'm out with friends.'
13. 'I don't care if think you're complimenting me. If you really cared about complimenting me you would approach me like a normal person and say something, not yell about how long my legs are from across the street.'
14. 'Married men sharing they haven't slept with their wife in a very long time. Sorry, not helping you out because she's not putting out.'
15. 'Telling me to smile when I have a straight face or when I'm frowning.'
16. 'Thinking I'm playing hard to get. No means no, this isn't a creepy romantic comedy.'
17. 'Offering to pay for everything if we're not dating. So creepy.
18. 'Ordering my food for me at a restaurant. Maybe some people are into it or find it charming, but it's seems so weirdly controlling to me.'