You've complimented the chef for the Spicy Prawn Soup with Lime and Chilli and smacked your lips at the Stir-Fried Rice Noodle with Taramind Sauce and Prawns. Now it's time to to treat your taste buds one last time...
Geang Phed Ped Yang (Roasted Red Curry with Coconut Milk)
Ingredients: 200g Roasted Duck Breast; 30g Red Curry Paste; 300g Coconut Milk; 50g Apple; 30g Cherry Tomato; 20g Fish Sauce; 10g Sugar; 10g Red Chili, 10g Kaffir Leaf; 10g Sweet Basil Leaf
1. First, make the chicken stock. (Ingredients: 2kg Chicken Bones; 3 litres Water; 250g Roughly Chopped Onion; 125g Roughly Chopped Celery; 1 tablespoon Coriander Root; 1 tablespoon Black Peppercorns) Wash bones in cold water then put in a pot and cover with cold water. Bring rapidly to the boil then drain and discard water. Cover bones with 3 litres of water and add all the other ingredients. Simmer for 1 hour, removing the residue as it accumulates. Strain through a cloth.
2. Heat the Coconut Milk unti it begins to develop oily sheen, the add the Red Curry Paste and stir well
3. Add Roasted Duck Breast and cook until the colour changes
4. Add Chicken Stock, Apple, Cherry Tomatoes, Kaffir Lime Leaves, Fish Sauce and Sugar.
5. Bring to the boil and add Eggplant
6. Add Basil Leaves and Chili.
7. Remove from heat and serve.
Esquire enrolled in the Thai Culinary Cooking Class at Anantara Koh Samui, Bophut Bay, Thailand. Click here for more information
Photographs by Martyn Goodacre