This summer’s freshest footwear is all about bright colours and bold shapes.
A soft upper, a bright sole and an elegantly rounded toe are the way to go. Don’t hold back on the sock colour.
1.Navy suede lace-ups with brick sole, £285, by Tim Little
2. Grey and navy contrast suede lace-ups,£240, by Mark McNairy at Mr Porter
3. Grey suede lace-ups, £225, by Oliver Sweeney
4. White leather Correspondent lace-ups, £430, by Polo Ralph Lauren
5. Tan leather lace-ups, £60, by Clarks
6. Beige suede lace-ups with blue soles, £430, by Gucci at Mr Porter
Socks, £15, all by Pantherella
Be inspired by the college boys of old and try slip-ons with a tassel or two. Go for an understated shade teamed with contrasting socks.
7. Navy suede tasselled loafers, £185, by Russell & Bromley
8. Burgundy suede tasselled loafers, £85, by Poste at Office
9. Dark brown suede tasselled loafers, £475, by Jimmy Choo
10. Navy leather loafers with white tassels, £125, by Dr Martens
11. Light brown suede tasselled loafers, £290, by Church’s at Mr Porter
12. Brown leather loafers, £405, by Mr Hare
Socks, £11 to £15, all by Falke
Step from beach to bar in a buoyant pair of deck shoes. The only rule? These guys don’t need socks.
13. Black/white/navy block-coloured suede and leather deck shoes, £370, by Lanvin at Mr Porter
14. Mustard suede deck shoes, £298, by Tod’s
15. Navy leather deck shoes with white stitching, £160, by CH Carolina Herrera
16. Blue/grey/brown block-coloured suede deck shoes, £250, by Ami at Mr Porter
17. Red/navy/white canvas and leather Topsider deck shoes, £60, by Sperry at Office
Photography by Studio 33
Fashion by Catherine Hayward