It’s an old adage that first impressions are lasting impressions and good clean shoes are often one of the first things you are judged on. With this is in mind, put your best foot forward with this quick guide to shining your shoes.
1. Get yourself a good clean cloth, soft haired shoe brush and a good shoe cleaner - something like Cherry Blossom’s Universal cleamer and leather cream.
2. It is important that you start with clean shoes, do this buy wiping away any dirt with a clean damp cloth, then apply your cleaner.
3. Using the soft cloth work the cleaner in to the crevices and solid areas of the shoe, do the same with the second shoe.
4. Leave the shoes for a short time to absorb the cleaner before wiping it away with a clean cloth and allowing them to dry at room temperature.
5. Next take your leather cream and spread it sparingly all over the shoe using a sponge. Make sure that you work the cream into all the crevices and cracks in the leather.
6. If you have a number of shoes in a variety of different colours and tones it is best to make sure that you buy a universal cleaner and leather cream rather than individual colour specific ones.
7. Leave the footwear to dry for 3 minutes and buff them with the soft brush in a left-to-right motion to remove any excess polish and give that extra shine.