So Superman is to battle Batman in the Man of Steel sequel.
But who will be the victor?
Before you decide, don thy capes and consider these 15 important arguments:
1. Superman is a superhero from another planet. Batman is just a rich guy with a gadgets fetish. What do you reckon?
2. That said, the alien never wins. Sorry, Kal-El but Kevin Costner is not your father.
3. And you know, Wayne Manor houses some pretty nifty gadgets.
4. Plus, he’s got that butler on call so Bruce Wayne will definitely come prepped.
5. But can he fly? Does he have heat vision? Move faster than sound?
6. Yadda, yadda, yadda. Maybe Superman can bore Batman to death?
7. Speaking of boring, what about the love interests? Always a weak spot for superheroes. Superman best be hoping Jennifer Lawrence slips into the Catsuit to distract Batboy from the job in hand.
8. Superman won’t need to worry on that front. Because if it’s one thing Man of Steel lacked, it was chemistry between Clark Kent and Lois Lane.
9. A bigger concern might be if –as the bookies have it – Ryan Gosling dons the batsuit. Gosling can’t lose, can he?
10. Wrong. Gosling’s default face is the one termed ‘stoic defeat’. You know the one. Compelling. Could stare at it all day.
11. Clark Kent’s day job could be his Achilles heel. You can’t be running off to save a baby from a burning building when you need to tweet about said burning building, can you?
12. Bruce Wayne, meanwhile, is a billionaire socialite who spends his time throwing parties. And he probably gets people in to do the catering. Plenty of time then to plot Superman’s downfall.
13. Batman’s route one: wave a bit of Kryptonite in front of Superman and he’s anyone’s.
14. Superman’s route one: all that martial arts training can’t save Batman from super human thrashing.
15. Or, have a bit of a tussle, rough each other’s capes up a bit and come to a gentleman’s agreement to appear in the mega budget Justice League Warner follow up. Sensible option, right there.