Your essential 10-step guide to fresh dairy for your morning cornflakes.
1. Milk at the same time each day
2. Always sit on the same side of the cow (they like routine)
3. Place your stool at a right angle to the cow.
4. Sit with your head resting on the animal's flank.
5. Clean the udders with warm water and a cloth.
6. Place your bucket under the teats - and get ready.
7. Take a teat into the palm of your hand - squeeze the teat at the top with your thumb and forefinger.
8. Continue squeezing each finger around the teat, forcing the milk out until all fingers are around the teat.
9. Release the teat.
10. Continue this process until only a small amount of milk is released. The udder should be soft to the touch.