If you have ever tossed and turned next to someone snoring like a freight train, or sat within five rows of a screaming child on an EasyJet flight, the following will compound what you already know.
Whirlpool have commissioned a new survey ahead of National Quiet Day that has revealed the 50 most annoying noises. A partner snoring taking the top spot with six in 10 adults finding the sound insufferable. This was followed by loud chewing, a dog barking, fingers down a chalkboard and loud slurping from a tea or coffee cup.
Other infuriating rackets include the sound of loud eaters, Jimmy Carr's laugh and the 'Go Compare' advert. Nothing surprising there.
And silence it seems really is golden for 84 per cent of Brits, who say they spend less than ten minutes a day enjoying real peace and quiet.
Popular songs didn't escape the list with Justin Bieber's 'Baby' being labelled an annoying noise, alongside 'The Crazy Frog Song', 'The Go-Compare' advert theme tune and Psy's 'Gangnam Style'. Imagine that playlist on repeat.
Here's the full top 50, try to read without wincing and look out for 'Children playing outside early in the morning.' Miserable bastards we salute you.
2. Loud chewing
3. A dog barking
4. Fingers down a chalkboard
5. Loud slurping from tea or coffee
6. A car alarm
7. Noisy motorbikes
8. People talking loudly on their mobile phones
9. A car running outside your house early in the morning
10. A crying baby
11. Road drills
12. Constant text message/email alerts
13. Self-service checkouts saying "Unexpected item in the bagging area"
15. Rustling of food wrappers during a film or TV show
16. Dripping taps
17. A badly played violin
18. A fork scratching on a plate
19. Grinding teeth
20. Bad singing
21. The "Go Compare" song
22. Dentist drills
24. Microphone feedback
25. People kissing loudly
26. The Crazy Frog Song
29. Justin Bieber's song "Baby"
30. Tapping nails
31. Biting nails
32. A clock ticking or a loud watch
33. Jimmy Carr's laugh
34. Your morning alarm
35. Fire alarms
36. Creaky doors
37. Polystyrene squeak
38. Some children's toys
39. Children playing outside early in the morning
40. Loud yawns
41. Squeaky brakes on a bike
42. Phone keypad noises
43. An angle grinder
44. Psy's song "Gangnam Style"
45. People talking on the train/tube
46. Sports commentary
47. Your neighbour's TV
48. Dial-up modems
49. Car/bus horns
50. A chainsaw