It’s time for the second course of Esquire’s home cooked Thai banquet. Today’s recipe can work as a starter or as a dish on its own. Just make sure you have all the ingredients before sending out the invites for dinner.
Phad Thai Ghoong (Stir-Fried Rice Noodle with Taramind Sauce and Prawn)
Ingredients: 150g Rice Noodle, 80g Prawns, 1 Egg, 30g Shallot, 30g Bean Curd, 20g Pickle Turnip, 50g Bean Sprout, 30g Chinese Chive, 30g Taramind Juice, 30g Palm Sugar, 30g Fish Sauce, 30g Peanut, 10g Dried Shrimp, 1 Lemon, 1 Lime, 10g Chili Poweder, 50g Banana Blossom
1. Heat the oil in a sautee pan.
2. Break the egg in the pan, sautée until nearly cooked.
3. Add Dried Shrimp and Rice Noodle.
4. Follow with Shallot, Bean Sprout, Chinese Chive, Pickle Turnip, Dried Shrimp and Phad Thai sauce to taste.
5. Serve with banana blossom, bean sprout, a piece of lime and peanut
Esquire enrolled in the Thai Culinary Cooking Class at Anantara Koh Samui, Bophut Bay, Thailand. Click here for more information
Photographs by Martyn Goodacre